How To Find Hopsice Care
Quietude Hospice Care recognizes that the final stages of live come with a myriad of circumstances, challenges, emotional upheavals and many questions. A terminal prognosis puts the family into an emotional tailspin, looking for answers, for hope and reassurance. This phase of life also requires a lot of planning. A medical prognosis may set a time parameter within which to get family business done and out of the way, but once this is out of the way, families will have the time to share qualitative time and prepare for the final transition.
Although every terminal illness is different, even a minute changes may signal finality. It is at these times that we have a clear obligation to contact family members of the loved one in an immediate and loving way.
The pathos of a facility is just as important as the qualifications of medical staff and details of programs offered. Care may vary by the venue in which it is provided. Care standards are the same, however, methodology of performing services may vary from in-home, on-site or elsewhere.
The following are “must-haves” for palliative care service providers and facilities:
- Facility must be a member in good standing of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO)
- Accepts your insurance
- Facility must be Medicare certified as Medicare sets baseline care requirements
- Ask facility to identify their 16 core and auxiliary services such as doctor services, bereavement counseling, continuous homecare, physical therapy, administration of medicines, etc
- Do a background check on owners
- Get to know the administrator. Her or she will be important throughout the process
- Meet on-call nurses reside
- Find out how close on-call nurses live to you
- Have some basic questions for your prospective hospice
- When did they go into business?
- What is the full range of their services?
- What is the frequency of nurse and staff visits?
- Identify accreditation’s?
- What training must the staff partake in?
- What care quality standards govern their facility?
- What care quality standards cover their off-site care services?
At Quietude Hospice Care we are committed to handle your loved one and family with dignity, compassion and kindness. We strive to provide the highest quality of care in making your loved one’s transition as comfortable, memorably to the family and as pain and distress-free to the patient as possible.
When investigating us and other hospice, please make note of the NHPCO help line 888 407-0787. They are always willing to help and provide information on palliative service providers such as us.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Quietude Hospice Care home during this final voyage for your family and loved one.